Behind the scenes insight into the creation of one of our successful interior photomontage marketing images.
Our aspirational reception area image was used in marketing brochures, digital marketing, on-site sign boards and displayed at MIPIM real estate event to help secure sales and lettings for the high quality office space.
The main aim of our imagery was to give prospective tenants an idea of what the reception area would look like once the office space refurbishment was complete.
EYELEVEL Creative Thoughts and Image Production Process:
Pre-Vis Image Compositition & Environment Lighting
- Use preliminary 3D model to test and confirm viewpoint position and image composition
- Test and confirm sun position. Use sunlight to help tell the story - 'westerly afternoon sunlight floods the reception area'
- Establish time of day for site visit and photoshoot
- Professional high resolution background photograph - clarity and detail
- Photograph taken at time of day to match proposed image lighting and atmosphere
- If possible, arrange to have the windows cleaned first!
Detailed 3D Model
- Add detail and entourage to initial 3D model
- Camera match 3D model with background photograph
- Use your design skills to design and create bespoke hanging artwork to reinforce message that this business park encourages cycling to work!
- Superimpose camera matched rendered image over background photograph
- Refine environment lighting, brightness, contrast, colour and shadows to match photograph
- Refine realistic materials
- Add markers to ensure correct people size and perspective
- Add appropriate people from our image library in post production
- Incorrectly sized people will instantly destroy the image illusion!
Post Production People
- Add people with purpose who look like they have a reason to be in the image
- Position people to help the viewers eye read the image message and architecture
- People help to tell your story - 'a welcoming workplace reception area to meet, greet and take time out'
Post Production Finishing
- Blend people into photograph with colour correction, shadows and highlights
- Add and reinforce environment lighting and atmosphere
- Paint into the final image with highlights, shadows, dirt, reflections, colour, blur, noise, vignette...
Attention to Detail
- Believable - realistic entourage, materials, correct size people
- Relevant - bus timetable, TV news, signage
- Reinforce your story - 'a happy and inspiring workplace'